You’ve seen the headlines. Housing affordability is further out of reach than ever before. That sounds grand for the slim few taking advantage of this ‘buyer’s market’. However, it doesn’t fair well for the larger majority, who are qualified, and eager to secure a piece of the ownership pie. In a delicate attempt to re-balance the market, BC has introduced a few new laws every house hunter should understand. We’ve got you covered. Navigate ‘The Big BC 3’ to make home ownership work for you with a few easy tips.Read More
bc real estate | Troika
It would be hard to deny the beauty that is B.C., with its gorgeous scenic backdrops from every angle, a season for every lifestyle, and the delightful urban perks. Joining the long list of the province’s most vibrant communities is a hidden gem that for more reasons than one is sure to be the next place you’ll want to call home.
1) MODERN BEACH HOUSE CHARACTER| Our townhomes are a balance of contemporary and modern design. Distinct geometric constructs including staggered elevations, clean architectural lines and a blend of natural and non-traditional materials invite functionality with a touch of coastal flair.
2) BRINGING THE OUTDOORS, INSIDE | An expansive open concept featuring oversized windows throughout invite the natural warmth of the outdoors inside, met with neutral tones, smooth surfaces, and sleek hardware accents.
3) PRIVATE ROOFTOP PATIOS WITH A VIEW | The extended 600 square foot space brings the finest of indoor living comforts outside to suit every occasion and season. With upgrades such as a hot tub, bbq, and kitchen you’ll find yourself on your very own private rooftop patio enjoying early mornings with a cup of coffee in hand, and sunsets entertaining guests while enjoying the stunning views of Wood Lake and the Okanagan Valley mountains in the distance.
4) ADVENTURE & CONVENIENCE|The Landing is an oasis nestled between small-town adventure and big city conveniences. Residents can enjoy the inspiring scenery of the local beaches and parks, and The Okanagan Rail Trail, mere steps away, in addition to shopping, dining, and entertainment in Lake Country’s busy city center.
5) A TOUCH OF LUXURY | Putting a personal mark on style and function of your dwelling is what truly makes it a home. Select from a custom range of high-end finishes and tailored upgrades to satisfy your lifestyle and tastes.Read More
Under the leadership of Renee Wasylyk, Troika Developments has proven once again that community will always come ahead of business.
It was a late evening in September when Lake Country residents would learn the fate of Wood Lake project at the final city council meeting. Attendees who urged for a considerate development were pleased to find that The Landing, initially slated with an allowable density of 45 units, would be comprised of a relaxed 25 unit design instead. The updated plans called for extra green space in the community and a building height kept to a moderate three stories, preserving the nature and integrity of its surroundings.
Read more about the project from Kelowna’s Capital News.
The B.C. Government has just announced that it will offer down payment loans to first time home buyers to help with the purchase of homes up to $750,000. The 25 year loan will cover up to 5% of the purchase price for a maximum of $37,500, and is interest free and payment free for the first five years.
What does this mean for BC Real Estate Buyers?
This makes home ownership a little easier for those who can afford their mortgage payments, but struggle to come up with the down payment. The maximum purchase price that qualifies for the loan is $750,000, and with homes starting at $550,000, West Harbour is a great place for you to start your search for your dream home. Contact West Harbour today to see the amazing lifestyle you can afford!
For more information and eligibility, read the CBC article here.