When it comes to explaining the merits of The Landing at Wood Lake, it’s hard to know where to begin, given that Troika Developments CEO Renee Wasylyk believes the project hits the sweet spot for proximity, pricing and popular things to do.
News Archives - Troika
Millennials. They’ve tackled challenges with smart solutions, opted for unconventional lifestyles that favor experiences and set a new precedent for access over ownership. While it’s not that they are the only ones who value a sense of belonging, affordability, and smart technology. It’s that they’ve been the strongest force to disrupt norms and in uncovering what motivates us as a society. The shift has led to the likes of researchers such as David Allison whose work on ‘valuegraphics’ has proven age is irrelevant, and from one generation to the next, we’re more alike one another than ever before. Read More
Ever pictured a life that allows you to do what you enjoy in the place you call home? Why wait for that annual holiday to experience adventure when you can have it all year round? The Okanagan Valley’s endless options from beaches and slopes, to trails, and wineries, means you only have to go as far as your front door. Amongst it all is a hidden gem, Lake Country. A city sandwiched between Kelowna and Vernon, Lake Country has earned its spot as THE staycation destination, turning tourists into residents in the process.
Troika Management Vice President of Development, Rich Threlfall and our building partner CorWest Builders’ General Manager and President, Ray Wynsouw are among those leading the pack for Okanagan business. They recently sat down with Boulevard Magazine to discuss where their success is anchored and their vision for the future.
Spring has arrived and if you’re lucky enough just to be coming out of the freezing temps then you know that means one thing – it’s patio season! But just how well are you utilizing your space and enjoying the perks of your outdoor space? A majority of homeowners are guilty of one thing – playing favorites to their interiors, but with a little time, money and attention to that undervalued haven you can be sure will ensure it’s just as comfortable and inviting as the inside… maybe even more! Take the advice of Troika’s Design Expert and focus on 3 things to bring your outdoor living to the next level. Read More
You’ve likely all dreamt about it one time or another. Escaping from the hectic pace of day-to-day-life in the city if even for just a moment. For most, that means jetting off on a beach holiday to bask in the sun with a drink in one hand and book in the other. It’s that very desire for ultimate relaxation mixed with the fondness for the modern perks of urban living, that’s spurred an architectural trend proving coastal modern homes don’t just belong on the beach anymore.
What our buyers have told us over the years is that the smallest of changes can bring you one step closer to that home ownership dream. And that doesn’t mean sacrificing life’s joys, but it does suggest taking a look at the bigger picture and finding that sweet balance of living in the moment while saving for the future. Where do you begin? Stop doing these 5 things today to make sure you can own a home tomorrow.
You’ve seen the headlines. Housing affordability is further out of reach than ever before. That sounds grand for the slim few taking advantage of this ‘buyer’s market’. However, it doesn’t fair well for the larger majority, who are qualified, and eager to secure a piece of the ownership pie. In a delicate attempt to re-balance the market, BC has introduced a few new laws every house hunter should understand. We’ve got you covered. Navigate ‘The Big BC 3’ to make home ownership work for you with a few easy tips.Read More
It would be hard to deny the beauty that is B.C., with its gorgeous scenic backdrops from every angle, a season for every lifestyle, and the delightful urban perks. Joining the long list of the province’s most vibrant communities is a hidden gem that for more reasons than one is sure to be the next place you’ll want to call home.
1) MODERN BEACH HOUSE CHARACTER| Our townhomes are a balance of contemporary and modern design. Distinct geometric constructs including staggered elevations, clean architectural lines and a blend of natural and non-traditional materials invite functionality with a touch of coastal flair.
2) BRINGING THE OUTDOORS, INSIDE | An expansive open concept featuring oversized windows throughout invite the natural warmth of the outdoors inside, met with neutral tones, smooth surfaces, and sleek hardware accents.
3) PRIVATE ROOFTOP PATIOS WITH A VIEW | The extended 600 square foot space brings the finest of indoor living comforts outside to suit every occasion and season. With upgrades such as a hot tub, bbq, and kitchen you’ll find yourself on your very own private rooftop patio enjoying early mornings with a cup of coffee in hand, and sunsets entertaining guests while enjoying the stunning views of Wood Lake and the Okanagan Valley mountains in the distance.
4) ADVENTURE & CONVENIENCE|The Landing is an oasis nestled between small-town adventure and big city conveniences. Residents can enjoy the inspiring scenery of the local beaches and parks, and The Okanagan Rail Trail, mere steps away, in addition to shopping, dining, and entertainment in Lake Country’s busy city center.
5) A TOUCH OF LUXURY | Putting a personal mark on style and function of your dwelling is what truly makes it a home. Select from a custom range of high-end finishes and tailored upgrades to satisfy your lifestyle and tastes.Read More
In the last few years, Lake Country has progressed into a vibrant community that’s full of life.
With the area being exempt from the proposed speculation tax in B.C., this fast-growing region has peaked developers’ interests.
“The experience and expertise that Troika Developments and CorWest builders bring to the table will give our buyers peace of mind knowing that they have purchased a quality home from a reputable and trustworthy developer,” says Calvin Lechner, Director of Sales and Marketing at Troika.
The Landing, which is located at the southern end of Wood Lake, will feature 25 two- and three-bedroom townhomes with rooftop terraces. Introductory pricing will start in the low to mid $500,000s.
Full the full article, click here.